Chapter VIII: 8.1 Alerting
Alerting is a utility to oversee the instances. Alerting is use the email addres to notify the registered recipients.
8.1.1 Create Alert
This menu explains how to create an Alert. By create the alert user can identify if there are any issues with their instances.
- Go to Alerting page
Image 8.1 Alerting Page
- Click Create Alert button.
Image 8.2 Alerting Page - Create Alert
- Fill in the form Create Alert.
Table 8.1 Form Create Alert
|Name||Name of Alert|
|Description||Description of Alert|
|Select Metrics||To determine the context of the alert, so the recipients can oversee if there are any issues. The alert can be selected by one of these following metrics:
|Severity||To determine how critical the alert to notify the recipients.|
|Apply To||Select which instance to apply the Alert.|
|Send Alert Via||Choose the recipients of the alert.|
Image 8.3 Create Alert Form
Image 8.4 Create Alert Form
- Click Add more recipients link, then choose the recipients. Save the changes by click Add Recipients to Alert button.
Image 8.5 Add Alert Recipients
- The alert recipients have been added. Then, click the Create Alert button.
Image 8.6 Create Alert Form
- There will be a notification if the Alert is successfully created “Alert has been successfully created”
Image 8.7 Notification
8.1.2 Edit Alert
- On the Alerting page, click the Edit button.
Image 8.8 Alerting Page
- You can edit all the form in the Edit Alert Page. For example, we can edit the alert time from 2 minutes to 1 minutes.
Image 8.9 Alerting Page - Edit Alert
- There will be a notification if the Alert is successfully updated “Alert has been successfully updated”
Image 8.10 Notification
8.1.3 Delete Alert
- On the Alerting page, click the Delete button.
Image 8.11 Alerting Page
- Click the Destroy button to start the process of deleting Alert data or cancel if you don’t want to continue the process.
Image 8.12 Delete Confirmation
- There will be a notification if the Alert is successfully deleted “Alert has been successfully deleted”.
Gambar 8.13 Notification Successful