Chapter VI: 6.1 VPC Network
VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) Network is an architecture virtual version of physical network that implemented in Cloudeka cloud environment. A VPC Network ensures secure traffic between any resource like Instance, Kubernetes clusters, database clusters, and load balancers. Any resource you create within a VPC can communicate securely over their private IP Address.
6.1.1 Create VPC Network
This menu explains how to create a VPC Network. VPC Network is also the basis for creating a Virtual Machine, you must create a VPC Network before creating a Virtual Machine.
- Go to Network page
Image 6.1 Network Page
- Click Create VPC button.
Image 6.2 Network Page - Create VPC
- Select the Wizard Simple tab and Fill in the Create VPC Network form.
Image 6.3 Network Page - Create VPC
Table 6.1 Create VPC Network Form
|Name||Name of VPC Network|
|Description||Description of VPC Network|
|Billing Type||- PPU
|IP Address||Enter Private IP Address also the subnetmask, The Internet Assigned Number Authority (IANA) has assigned several address ranges to be used by private networks. Address ranges to be use by private network are:
- Class A: 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255
- Class B: 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255
- Class C: 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255
An IP address within these ranges is therefore considered non-routable, as it is not unique. Any private network that needs to use IP addresses internally can use any address within these ranges without any coordination with IANA or an Internet registry. Addresses within this private address space are only unique within a given private network.
- After filling out all the forms in the VPC Network, click Create VPC Network
Image 6.3 Create VPC Network Form
Image 6.4 Form Create VPC Network
- There will be a notification if the VPC Network is successfully created “VPC network has been successfully created”
Image 6.5 Notification
6.1.2 Edit VPC Network
You can only edit VPC Network for the Name and Description only, you cannot change the IP Address Configuration.
- On the Network page, click the Edit button.
Image 6.6 Network Page - Edit
- You can only change the Name and Description. For Region, Billing Type, and IP Configuration can not be changed. Then, click Save button.
Image 6.7 Edit VPC Network Form
- There will be a notification if the VPC Network is successfully created “VPC network has been successfully updated”
Image 6.8 Notification
6.1.3 Delete VPC Network
Before you delete a VPC Network, you need to make sure there are no other instances or services connected to the VPC Network.
- On the Network page, click the Delete button.
Image 6.10 Network Page - Delete
- Click the Confirm button to start the process of deleting VPC Network data or Cancel if you don’t want to continue the process.
Image 6.11 Confirm Delete VPC
- There will be a notification if the VPC Network is successfully deleted “VPC network has been successfully deleted”.
Image 6.12 Notification