The Instance menu provides features for creating, displaying, and deleting a list of created instances or Virtual Machines (VMs). There are four subsections in this section:
16.3.1 Create New Instance
This menu describes how to create an instance on Deka Prime by following these steps:
- On the Instances page, click the Create Instance button.
Image 16.11 Create New Instance (a)
- There are columns available in the Create Instance form. The contents of the Instance Name, Computer Name, Description, and Power On sections can be optional if you want to directly enable the created instance.
Image 16.12 Create New Instance (b)
- In Templates there are several operating system options that can be provided, and then the operating system to be used.
Image 16.13 Create New Instance (c)
- Select Storage Policy that is SSD-TBS-STANDARD.
Image 16.14 Create New Instance (d)
- Select the Network Adapter Type to use and click the Create Instance button.
Image 16.15 Create New Instance (e)
- Show notification “Instance has succeededfully created!” which means the instance has been created. The created instance is already available in the Instance menu.
Image 16.16 Create New Instance (e)
16.3.2 Access Console Instance
To be able to access an instance on the Cloudka Portal service by following these steps:
- On the Instances page of the Action column click the More button and click Access Console.
Image 16.20 Access Console Instance (a)
- Displays a new window showing the console of your instance.
Image 16.21 Access Console Instance (b)
16.3.3 Power On Instance
You can activate an instance on Deka Prime:
a. Power On only power on the instance according to the previous configuration.
b. Power On, Force Recustomization is enabling an instance with a custom configuration and the instance will readjust each time that virtual machine is powered on. To enable an instance on Deka Prime by following these steps:
- On the Instances page select the instance to enable, in the Action column section click More and click a for Power On or click b for Power on, Force Customization according to your needs.
Image 16.22 Power On Instance (a)
-“Instance has successfully turned on!”" notification, which means that the instance was successfully activated.
Image 16.23 Power On Instance (b)
16.3.4 Power Off Instance
Here are the steps to disable an instance on Deka Prime:
- On the Instances page select the instance to activate, in the Action column click More and click Power Off.
Image 16.24 Power Off Instance (a)
- Show notification “Instance has successfully turned off!”"
Image 16.25 Power Off Instance (b)