Floating IP is a public, static IP Address for instances that provide access from an external network to the instance without public network interface. To be able to use a Floating IP, when creating a VPC using the Simple Wizard, in the VPC Type section, select Simple.
If your instance require external IP address for external access, you can assign Floating IP by following these steps:
- On the Network page select the Floating IP tab.
Network Page - Floating IP
- In Floating IP Type, there are two Floating IP Types, namely Reserved and Non Reserved. In the Non-Reserved type when you Reassign Instance then the IP used will be deleted from the list in the Floating IP, while in the Reserved type if you Reassign Instance then the IP used will remain on the list in Floating IP so you can use the IP for other instances of your project.
Network Page - Floating IP - Floating IP Type
- On the Billing Type, there are two types of Billing Type, i.e Fixed and Trial.
Network Page - Floating IP - Billing Type
- On the Resource Type, there are two types of Resource Type, i.e Instance and Load Balancer.
Network Page - Floating IP - Resource Type
- If you choose Instance on Resource Type, then select the instance that you want to assign Floating IP. After that, click Assign Floating IP.
Network Page - Floating IP - Resource
Network Page - Assign Floating IP
- If the Floating IP is succesfully assigned, the Floating IP will be display in Floating IP list
Network Page - Floating IP List
If you want to unassign or remove Floating IP of your instance, please follow these steps. Note: if you unassign Floating IP from your instance, so your instance doesn’t have external access anymore. However, you can reassign the Floating IP whenever you want.
- If you are already on the Network page and on the Floating IP tab, select the Floating IP in Action column that you want to unassign from your instance. Click More, then select Unassign.
Action - Unassign Floating IP
- If the Floating IP has been successfully unassigned, a pop up will appear “Floating IP has been successfully unassigned!”
Before you delete floating IP, you need to unassign the Floating IP first. You cannot delete it if the Floating IP still in use.
- In the Action column, choose Floating IP that you want to delete. click More, then select Delete.
Floating IP - Action - Delete
- Click the Confirm button to start the process of deleting data Floating IP or Cancel if you don’t want to continue the process.
- If the Floating IP has been successfully deleted, a pop up will appear “Floating IP has been successfully deleted”